Why Remove Vehicle Vinyls and Graphics?
The reasons for removing vinyls and graphics are numerous. Some commercial ventures frequently change wraps and vinyls on their vans and cars to use as advertising. It isn’t just large companies that use vinyl though.
Small independents and sole traders frequently have sign writing on their vans and cars. Prices depend on the size of the vehicle, the length of time the sign writing or graphics has been on the vehicle, as well as the time taken to remove.
*All vinyl and vinyl wrap removal services are subject to a vehicle survey and quotation*
Often vinyl can be removed to:
- To apply new vinyls due to change in name, business or advertising
- To transfer the vehicle to a new owner
- To allow for vehicle re-spray or modifications
- To change the use of the vehicle from business to domestic
Professional Vinyl Removal in 3 Easy Steps
Why Should You Use a Professional to Remove Vinyl?
You may not at first realise the complications involved with removing vinyls. There are many factors which complicate the process such as:
- How long the vinyl has been attached to the paintwork. The longer vinyl has been in place, the harder it is to remove and the more damage you may cause to the paint around and underneath the vinyl.
- Long term UV exposure eventually bakes all the plasticisers out of the face film, making it harder to remove the graphics.
- Using incorrect tools can damage your paint so severely that you require a partial or total body respray, the costs of which far exceed the small cost of professional vinyl removal.
- In most cases once the signwriting/graphics has been removed, adhesive residue and glue is left on the paintwork. Also ghosting of letters/numbers/logos can be left behind on the paintwork, this is where the UV from the sun has baked on and stained the paintwork
Pure Diamond Valeting safely remove all signwriting, graphics, wraps and vinyl. Whether it be for a vehicle that is to be sold or new graphics which are to be installed.
We do not use razor blades to remove graphics which will damage your paintwork. We use safe techniques to remove graphics and use the best products on the market.
We offer an additional service to removal all adhesive residue and glue and cater for the removal of the ghosting of letters. Typically a strong tar and glue remover and a t-cut machine polish can be effective in this situation.